Printed . This content is updated regularly, please refer back to https://bcfsa.ca to ensure that you are relying on the most up-to-date resources.
Select the section you’d like to navigate to.
Please review the following instructions to provide information to BCFSA about residential real estate sales listed at your brokerage. You will need to report data on sales of existing and newly-built residential real estate at your brokerage from these time periods:
- February 22-28, 2021
- February 21-27, 2022.
Send the completed workbook by e-mail to [email protected] by Friday, March 11, 2022.
For the purpose of this request, residential real estate refers to existing and newly built dwellings including, for example, single-family homes, duplexes, townhouses, rowhouses, strata apartments (condos), manufactured homes, recreational properties, and other forms of detached, semi-detached, and attached dwellings used primarily for residential purposes.
You may wish to consult the Canadian Real Estate Association’s Home Price Index Methodology, Appendix B for additional examples of residential real estate.
- Download the Brokerage Data Request Workbook from the BCFSA website. The workbook contains two spreadsheets: February 2021 and February 2022. Be sure to complete both spreadsheets.
- Enter your brokerage name and licence number at the top of each page in the spreadsheets. You can find the brokerage licence number using the Find a Professional Search on the BCFSA website.
- For each sale of residential property where your brokerage (including any branch offices) was the listing brokerage, enter the information in the corresponding column in the spreadsheet. Do not enter information for transactions where your brokerage represented the buyer only.
- Branch offices, please provide the information requested to your brokerage head office who will complete and submit the workbook to BCFSA.
- Refer to the Workbook Reference Table (below) for more details about the requested information and suggestions for locating the information in your records.
- When adding the information into the spreadsheets, begin on Row 8 and please follow the format of the example already added into Row 7 on both spreadsheets.
- For columns (J to O) choose “Y” or “N” from the dropdown selection box. A small arrow will appear to the right in the cell, click and select either “Y” or “N”.
- To complete the “February 2021” spreadsheet in the workbook, enter the information for all residential sales listed at your brokerage with a firm contract date between February 22-28, 2021.
- To complete “February 2022,” open the second spreadsheet. Collect and enter the information for all trades in residential real estate listed at your brokerage with a firm contract date between February 21-27, 2022.
- Once completed, save the workbook with the name of your brokerage. For example, “XYZ_Realty.xls”.
- Send the completed workbook by e-mail to [email protected] by Friday, March 11, 2022. You do not need to submit any other documents.
- If you have no residential sales to report from either time period, please send an e-mail to [email protected] indicating “nil response.”
For more information about the Brokerage Data Request, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
Do you have a question that isn’t addressed in the FAQ? Contact BCFSA’s Practice Standards Advisors at [email protected] or (604) 660-3555 (local) / (866) 206-3030 (toll-free).
|Field||Description||Potential Source of Information|
|Street address||Provide the full address of the subject property, including street number, street name and unit number.||Listing agreement |
Contract of Purchase and Sale
|Municipality||Provide the name of the municipality in which the subject property is located.||Listing agreement |
Contract of Purchase and Sale
|Postal code||Provide the postal code of the subject property.||Listing agreement |
Contract of Purchase and Sale
|Parcel identification (PID) number||Provide the 9-digit parcel identification (PID) number of the subject property. Do not include any dashes.||Contract of Purchase and Sale |
|Date of listing agreement||Provide the date on which the seller and the licensee entered into a listing agreement||Listing agreement|
|Date of offer acceptance||For the accepted offer only, provide the date on which the seller accepted the offer.||Contract of Purchase and Sale|
|List price||Provide the list price of the subject property on the date that the accepted offer was received.||Listing agreement (including the most recent amendment) |
|Firm contract date||Provide the date on which the contract of purchase and sale became firm. For a subject-free or unconditional offer, this would be the date that the seller accepted the buyer’s offer. For a conditional offer, this would be the date when the buyer (and/or seller) removed all subjects. Ensure the firm contract date is between either: February 22-28, 2021, or February 21-27, 2022.||Contract of Purchase and Sale |
|Sale price||Provide the final sale price of the property. If the final sale price is different than the price in the accepted offer, list the final sale price only.||Contract of Purchase and Sale |
|Unconditional offer (Y/N)||Provide information on whether the accepted offer was unconditional. Select Y for “yes” or N for “no.” If the offer was unconditional, the next four columns do not need to be completed.||Contract of Purchase and Sale|
|Home inspection (Y/N)||Provide information on whether the accepted offer included a condition precedent for a home inspection. Enter Y for “yes” or N for “no.”||Contract of Purchase and Sale|
|Financing (Y/N)||Provide information on whether the accepted offer included a condition precedent for confirmation of financing. Enter Y for “yes” or N for “no.”||Contract of Purchase and Sale|
|Insurance (Y/N)||Provide information on whether the accepted offer included a condition precedent for confirmation of insurance. Enter Y for “yes” or N for “no.”||Contract of Purchase and Sale|
|Other (Y/N)||Provide information on whether the accepted offer included any conditions precedent other than a home inspection, financing, and insurance. Enter Y for “yes” and N for “no.” You do not need to specify the content of these additional conditions precedent, if any.||Contract of Purchase and Sale|
|PDS incorporated into contract (Y/N)||Provide information on whether a Property Disclosure Statement (PDS) was completed and incorporated into the contract. Enter Y for “yes” and N for “no.” (Note: If the seller completed a PDS but it was not incorporated it into the contract, enter N for “no.”)||Contract of Purchase and Sale|
|Total number of offers received||Provide the total number of offers received on the subject property.||Disclosure to Sellers of Expected Remuneration|
|Price of highest not-accepted offer||Provide the price of the highest offer that the seller did not accept.||Disclosure to Sellers of Expected Remuneration|
If you have any questions about the request, please contact BCFSA’s Practice Standards Advisors [email protected] or (604) 660-3555 (local) / (866) 206-3030 (toll-free).