Printed . This content is updated regularly, please refer back to https://bcfsa.ca to ensure that you are relying on the most up-to-date resources.
Select the section you’d like to navigate to.
Confirm that you have completed the following mandatory continuing education courses within your two year licensing period. Use the links below to learn more about the required courses and register for a session.
- Register now
- Register now
- Register now
You can review the continuing education courses you have completed by logging in to the Real Estate Portal.
Many of our mandatory continuing education courses require up to three weeks to complete. Be sure to register for your continuing education early, or you may not be able to renew your licence on time.
Approximately six weeks before your licence expiry date, we will send you an email notifying you that your renewal application is due, and providing you with instructions for renewing your licence online.
Select one of the following links for more renewal information on:
You must complete and submit your online renewal application at least 30 days before your licence expires.
- Sign up or login to the Real Estate Portal to begin your online renewal.
Make sure you have:
- A VISA or MasterCard available to pay your licence fees; and
- Completed all continuing education requirements.
- After you have logged into the portal, click on the link on the top left of your screen and follow the prompts.
- If you are applying to renew a secondary managing broker licence, select “Secondary Renewal.” All secondary licences will be listed. Select the one tagged “renew” to access the secondary licence application. Please note that your continuing education courses are not required to be disclosed on a secondary licence renewal. These courses must be completed during your primary licence 2-year cycle.
- Upload any supporting documentation that is required
You will need supporting documentation if:
- You are making a Legal Name change; and/or
- You need to support your answers to questions in the Reputation and Suitability section of the application.
- Have your licence renewal reviewed and approved by your managing broker
Managing Brokers must review and approve your licence renewal, including confirming that continuing education requirements have been completed. Continuing education course completions may be reviewed and approved in the Real Estate Portal.
If you do not upload the required supporting documentation, you will not be able to proceed with the application.
All of these steps can be completed on BCFSA’s Real Estate Portal that is available to all licenced real estate professionals. It’s free to sign up and it’s easy to use.
BCFSA’s licensing staff will review your application. If it is complete and satisfactory, your licence information will be updated in our Find a Professional Database.
Licensing staff will contact you if BCFSA requires more information or if you need to correct any deficiencies on your licence renewal application.