Printed . This content is updated regularly, please refer back to https://bcfsa.ca to ensure that you are relying on the most up-to-date resources.
A discipline committee of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (the “Council”) accepted the Consent Order Proposal submitted by Steve Wai Bun Hui (“Mr. Hui”), on his own behalf and on behalf of Steve Hui Personal Real Estate Corporation (“SH Personal Real Estate Corporation”), and found that Mr. Hui and SH Personal Real Estate Corporation committed professional misconduct when:
- he misled a strata property manager that he was acting as a rental property manager for a strata unit (the “Property”)’s owner in a building they managed, by:
- stating in an e-mail to the strata property manager that he was a rental property manager acting for the owner of the Property; and
- creating misleading documentation, namely a property management agreement for the Property, and
- he failed to inform his managing broker of real estate services provided to the Property owner and/or activities performed on behalf of the brokerage.
A discipline committee of the Council has ordered, and Mr. Hui and SH Personal Real Estate Corporation have agreed to, the following penalties:
- a suspension of 30 days (from December 22, 2020 to January 20, 2021, inclusive);
- jointly and severally liable to pay a discipline penalty of $18,000;
- jointly and severally liable to pay enforcement expenses of $1,500; and
- successful completion of the REIC2600 Ethics in Business Practice course and the Real Estate Trading Services Remedial Education Course.
- Real Estate Rules
Full consent order is available as a PDF.