Printed . This content is updated regularly, please refer back to https://bcfsa.ca to ensure that you are relying on the most up-to-date resources.
IN THE MATTER OF THE REAL ESTATE SERVICES ACT
S.B.C 2004, c.42 as amended
IN THE MATTER OF
KEVINDEEP SINGH BRATCH
BRATCH REALTY LTD.
URGENT LICENCE SUSPENSION ORDER UNDER SECTION 45 OF THE REAL ESTATE SERVICES ACT
ON THE APPLICATION of the Real Estate Council of BC without notice coming on for hearing at the offices of the Real Estate Council in the City of Vancouver, and on hearing Sabinder Sheina, counsel for the Real Estate Council, and on reading Affidavits #1 and #2 of Carmen deFoy, Compliance Officer, sworn October 26, 2017, Affidavit #3 of Carmen deFoy sworn October 30, 2017, and the Affidavit of Michelle Chai Auditor/Investigator, sworn October 27, 2017, the Discipline Committee is satisfied that the requirements in section 45(1) of the Real Estate Services Act have been met and that:
- There has been conduct on the part of Kevindeep Singh Bratch in respect of which a Disciplinary Committee could make an order under section 43 of the Real Estate Services Act (RESA).
- There has been conduct on the part of Bratch Realty Ltd.in respect of which a Disciplinary Committee could make an order under section 43 of the Real Estate Services Act (RESA).
- The length of time required to complete an investigation or hold a disciplinary hearing, or both, in order to make such an order would be detrimental to the public interest.
- It is in the public interest to make an order under section 45(2) against Mr. Bratch and Bratch Realty Ltd.
Written reasons of the Discipline Committee's findings are to follow.
THE DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE ORDERS that, pursuant to sections 45(2)(a) and (c) of the Real Estate Services Act:
- The licences of Kevindeep Singh Bratch and Bratch Realty Ltd. are suspended, effective immediately.
- Kevindeep Singh Bratch and Bratch Realty Ltd. may not work in any unlicensed assistant capacity or provide real estate services to or on behalf of any member of the public during the term of their licence suspensions.
TAKE NOTICE that Kevindeep Singh Bratch and Bratch Realty Ltd. may, pursuant to section 45(6) of the RESA, require a disciplinary hearing to be held by delivering written notice to the Real Estate Council.
Dated at the
City of Vancouver,
Province of British Columbia
this 30th day of October, 2017.
Robert Holmes Q.C.
Full suspension order is available as a PDF.