Printed . This content is updated regularly, please refer back to https://bcfsa.ca to ensure that you are relying on the most up-to-date resources.
BCFSA is excited to announce that in January 2023 it will launch a new continuing education course called Legal Update for mortgage brokers. This course will replace Regulatory Update.
This change is in response to industry feedback for more timely, relevant, and practical learning experiences and leverages our existing education platform for real estate licensees. We will be adapting our education program to address key issues and topics of regulatory importance to mortgage financing. It also gives BCFSA more oversight and direct involvement in the development and instruction of regulatory education.
- Mortgage brokers renewing their registration on or after April 1, 2023, will need to complete Legal Update from BCFSA and Anti-Money Laundering from MBIBC before their registration will be renewed
- Registration for Legal Update will be through BCFSA’s website. More details and a link will be shared in the fall.
- The content and format of Legal Update is more comprehensive: the course consists of a minimum of six online modules followed by a day in a virtual classroom.
- Course content will be focused on practical applications and regulatory subject matter.
- After Legal Update launches, you’ll be able to contact BCFSA directly for answers to any questions about registration or course details.
- Your associations will continue to provide valuable professional development courses.
You can look forward to receiving more information from BCFSA throughout the fall as we work on the transition of this regulatory education.
Here’s what you can expect from BCFSA over the coming months:
- Newsletters and eblasts with information about how to register for the course.
- Website updates with more information and FAQs about registration, cost, course length, format and content.
- Registration renewal reminders to your inbox that include information on continuing education.
- Webinars for Designated Individuals.
If you have any questions about continuing education, please contact [email protected].