Printed . This content is updated regularly, please refer back to https://bcfsa.ca to ensure that you are relying on the most up-to-date resources.
Home Buyer Rescission Period Webinars
B.C.’s new Home Buyer Rescission Period (“HBRP”), commonly referred to as the cooling-off period, will come into effect in January 2023. To support real estate licensees to prepare for the new requirements, BCFSA has partnered with the British Columbia Real Estate Association and local real estate boards across the province to provide a series of informative webinars this November and December.
These webinars have been designed to help you understand the HBRP, including how to comply with the new requirements and how to explain them to your clients. You will hear from expert speakers Carmen deFoy, Practice Education Manager at BCFSA and Jim McCaughan, BCREA’s Professional Services Manager, who will provide an overview of:
- What the HBRP requirements are;
- How it will impact real estate licensees, buyers, and sellers;
- What you need to know about new disclosure requirements and changes to forms;
- Where you can find regulatory guidance and forms, answers to common questions, resources to share with clients;
- And much more.
Each webinar will include a review of Frequently Asked Questions, and a facilitated question and answer period.
- Association of Interior Realtors
Tuesday, November 29 from 10 am to 11 am
- BC Northern Real Estate Board
Tuesday, November 22 from 12 pm to 1 pm
- Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board
Friday, December 2 from 10am to 11am
- Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
Tuesday, December 6 from 10am to 11am
- Powell River Sunshine Coast Real Estate Board
Friday, November 25 from 10am to 11am
- Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver
Thursday, December 1 from 10am to 11am
- Vancouver Island Real Estate Board
Monday, November 21 from 10am to 11am
- Victoria Real Estate Board
Monday, November 28 from 10am to 11am
Look out for information from your Real Estate Board to register for a session in your area.