Printed . This content is updated regularly, please refer back to https://bcfsa.ca to ensure that you are relying on the most up-to-date resources.
Select the section you’d like to navigate to.
BCFSA’s Rules Changes course is a self-paced online learning opportunity. The course gives you the information you need to understand and comply with the changes to the Real Estate Services Rules in effect since June 15, 2018.
- When to use the mandatory disclosure forms;
- The reasons for the changes to agency and disclosure;
- How to adapt your day-to-day business practices; and
- How to communicate effectively with consumers about the required disclosures and changes to agency.
Review the many resources in BCFSA’s Knowledge Base. You’ll find everything you need to know about the agency and disclosure requirements. It’s a great way to prepare for the course!
Real estate professionals licensed for real estate sales (trading services) and rental property management with licences expiring up to and including September 30, 2020 are required to complete the Rules Changes: Agency and Disclosure course.
Real estate professionals will learn the technical requirements of the changes to the Real Estate Services Rules, the rationale behind the changes, and what the changes may mean to their day-to-day practice. This will help ensure that real estate professionals are able to communicate effectively with consumers about the required disclosures and changes to agency, so that consumers can make informed real estate decisions.
We encourage you to take the course as soon as possible within your two-year licensing period. Completion of the course is required in order for professionals licensed for trading services or rental property management to renew their licence.
The Rule Changes: Agency and Disclosure course fee is $75. Course fees must be paid upon registration.
Course revenues support the development of further educational resources and courses to enhance real estate professionals’ knowledge and help them to comply with regulatory requirements.
Rule Changes: Agency and Disclosure is a self-paced online course. In most cases, it is estimated the course will require a total of 5-6 hours to complete.
The course must be completed within three days of registering, or the learner will be required to re-register.
This online course, developed in partnership with the UBC Sauder School of Business, Real Estate Division, provides real estate professionals with the information they need to understand and comply with the changes to the Real Estate Services Rules that became effective in June, 2018.
|Module 1||A Primer on Agency|
|Module 2||Disclosure of Representation in Trading Services|
|Module 3||Disclosure of Risks to Unrepresented Parties|
|Module 4||Disclosure to Sellers of Expected Remuneration|
|Module 5||The Ban on Dual Agency and Dual Agency Disclosure|
Each module includes a lesson (including an introductory video) and an assessment. In order to proceed through the modules, learners must complete the lesson and obtain a mark of 70% or higher on the assessment.
Once you have completed and passed the module assessments, you will receive a course completion letter.Register Now
- Register for Rule Changes: Agency and Disclosure online through the UBC Sauder School of Business.
Have your licence number and UBC Real Estate Division student ID number (if you have one) ready when you register for the course. Find your licence number.
- On the registration page, select a start date that suits your schedule from the list of available dates. You’ll have three days from the start date you select in which to complete the course.
- This is a self-paced online course that takes approximately 5-6 hours to complete. The course is based on information published in BCFSA’s Knowledge Base. Check out the resources there before starting the course to familiarize yourself with the changes to agency and disclosure rules.
Once your registration has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email from the UBC Sauder School of Business with details for accessing the online course.