Printed . This content is updated regularly, please refer back to https://bcfsa.ca to ensure that you are relying on the most up-to-date resources.
Select the section you’d like to navigate to.
If you want to check whether your licence has been renewed, please note the results on the Find a Professional search are only updated on your expiry date. Please visit the IRIS portal to check your renewal status. If your status reads “Confirmed Pending Issue Date” this means that your renewal has been processed.
Confirm that you have completed the following mandatory continuing education courses within your two year licensing period. Use the links below to learn more about the required courses and register for a session.
You can review the continuing education courses you have completed by logging in to the IRIS Portal.
Many of our mandatory continuing education courses require up to three weeks to complete. Be sure to register for your continuing education early, or you may not be able to renew your licence on time.
Approximately eight weeks before your licence expiry date, we will send you an email notifying you that your renewal application is due, and providing you with instructions for renewing your licence online.
If you are applying to renew a secondary managing broker licence, please note that your continuing education courses are not required to be disclosed on a secondary licence renewal. These courses must be completed during your primary licence 2 year cycle.
You must complete and submit your online renewal application at least 30 days before your licence expires.
- Sign up or login to the IRIS Portal to begin your online renewal.
Make sure you have:
- A VISA, MasterCard or American Express available to pay your licence fees; and
- Completed all continuing education requirements.
- After you have logged into your IRIS portal, your renewal application will be available in your Personal Submissions.
- Upload any supporting documentation that is required
You will need supporting documentation if:
- You are making a Legal Name change; and/or
- You need to support your answers to questions in the Reputation and Suitability section of the application.
- Once you have submitted your renewal your managing broker will be sent an email prompting them to approve the application. Managing brokers must review and approve your licence renewal, including confirming that continuing education requirements have been completed. Continuing education course completions can be reviewed by your managing broker during the review and approval process.
If you do not upload the required supporting documentation, you will not be able to proceed with the application.
BCFSA’s licensing staff will review your application. If it is complete and satisfactory, your licence will be renewed. The status of your application is automatically updated in IRIS so you can follow the progress on your Personal Dashboard. When it is approved, you will receive a confirmation email and will be able to view your new updated status in the portal. Alternatively, after your current licence expiry date, visit BCFSA’s Licensee Search page to find your licence information and new expiry date.
Licensing staff will contact you if BCFSA requires more information or if you need to correct any deficiencies on your licence renewal application.