Find Other Regulators

a chair at the end of a long meeting room table

BC Housing

BC Housing licenses residential builders, administers owner builder authorizations and carries out research and education that benefits the residential construction industry and consumers. They strengthen consumer protection for new homebuyers and improve the quality of residential construction under the Homeowner Protection Act.


British Columbia Securities Commission

The British Columbia Securities Commission is the independent provincial government agency responsible for regulating capital markets in BC.


Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation

The Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation provides deposit insurance against the loss of eligible deposits at member institutions in the event of failure.


Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre

The Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre collects information on fraud and identify theft and provides information on scams.

Civil Resolution Tribunal

The Civil Resolution Tribunal is Canada’s first online tribunal for resolving strata and small claims disputes.


Competition Bureau

The Competition Bureau is an independent law enforcement agency that ensures Canadian businesses and consumer prosper in a competitive and innovative marketplace.

Consumer Protection BC

Consumer Protection BC regulates a variety of sectors and specific types of consumer transactions in BC. They license and inspect regulated businesses, respond to consumer inquiries, investigate alleged violations of consumer protection laws and educate consumers and businesses about their rights and responsibilities.


Financial Consumer Agency of Canada

The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada ensure federally regulated financial entities comply with consumer protection measures.

Insurance Council of B.C.

The Insurance Council of British Columbia regulates and licenses life and general insurance agents, salespersons and adjusters. They protect the public by ensuring that licensees act ethically, with integrity and competence.

[email protected]

Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments

Most banks have an Ombudsman who handles complaints against the bank. If you are not satisfied with the bank’s Ombudsman, the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments may be able to assist you.

Toll-Free Telephone: 1 (888) 451-4519

Residential Tenancies Branch

Contact the Residential Tenancy Branch for information, education and dispute resolution services for landlords and tenants.

604.660.1020 (Lower Mainland)
250.387.1602 (Victoria)

Technical Safety BC

Technical Safety BC oversees the safe installation and operation of technical systems and equipment across the province. They issue permits, licences and certificates, and work with industry to reduce safety risks.